Friday, 23 April 2010

Evaluation Task 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in progression from it to the full product?

I have learnt an indescribable amount between the completions of my preliminary task till now. One main factor I have learnt is the importance of planning efficiently. For the pre-liminary task we began filming with not much planning, we then discovered our first idea wouldn't work due to mise en scene.Therefore we had to come up with another idea, this cost us time although I realised I couldn't afford to make this mistake with our final film. Another important factor is to schedule time to re-shoot shots that don' fit in with the overall feel of my film's genre.

With my film we needed to take great care with mise-en-scene and costume, so I didn’t make the same mistakes like the ones in my preliminary. Mise-en scene is a necessity to add credibility to a film. The main character in my opening sequence is in fact "on the run" and therefore this was a terrific opportunity to produce a false newspaper story. The genre of my film is a thriller; therefore the element of realism is, a key factor I had to take into account when decide the character costumes. Drake is wearing jeans and a Burberry top, garments such as these - are popular trends in modern times. Teenagers wear garments like this on a regular occurrence, allowing the target audience to build a relationship with Drake.

In the pre-lim task I jumped the shot so that the main protagonist was in the room before the viewer saw him open the door and enter. This made me realise how important it is not to jump shots. So for example we had to ensure that the main protagonist in Overkill didn't move positions without smooth transition which the audience would understand.


The pre-lim task was very helpful in pointing out the things that could possibly go wrong and important things we needed to do, before starting work on the main task, in each of the planning stages: pre-production (research + planning), production and post production. ^^Above is an example of a black and white effect, however only in my final project (image on the right) did I actually need this effect.

In conclusion I have learnt a tremendous amount since the end of our preliminary task about planning, filming and media in general. It has been a pleasure completing my coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment